Saturday, June 20, 2009

At least I can ride and run...


Again, the swim got the best of me. It's as if I panic in the water and I can't seem to reach steady breathing. My swim training has gone well, but open-water swimming is a whole different giant. The mass swim start and the 81 triathletes added to the chaos. At about 50 yards out, I found myself floundering and then flipping over to do the backstroke. It wasn't until the second half of the 1/2 mile swim that I settled down to do the frontstroke. The ride and run is where I made up all my time. I managed to spin the 12 miles at a 22.3 mph pace. Then got off the bike and ran 7:37 miles. Overall, I finished in 16th place and 4th in my age division. Not too bad given the number of participants. Just got some work/training in the swim category.

No comments: