Thursday, December 18, 2008

29'ers like snow

The first Lincoln snowfall of approximately 2 inches did not stop the Fisher 29'er from exploring the city. In fact, the big wheels were enjoying the slick bike paths and streets. I rode to the gym...only about 4 miles, but enough time to spin out a few times, jump over a few small snow piles, and take in the cold winter air. Surprisingly, I counted three other bike wheel tracks on one trail, and another five tracks on the Salt Creek trail. By the way, this trail is covered with poop. Yes indeed, Lincoln geese have graced us with their presence by offering up gifts in the form of excretion. The flock had sprayed the trail, and I managed to kick up the poop onto my clothes. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from at first. Then I noticed the smudge on my sock. Damn geese. Due to poop residue on the downtube of the frame, the 29'er needed a quick bath after this smelly encounter.

No comments: